Wednesday, June 3, 2015

NW 611 home trip

Greetings Rail Fans,

The last weekend in May 2015, NW 611 made it's trip home to Roanoke VA. The family made the trip too and here are some photos.


 

We drove up from Atlanta Friday afternoon.  And my son wanting to run by the museum after we checked in the hotel, even before supper  ( but that shows the excitement of my son).
 

And to our surprise, there she was sitting on the track getting ready for her home trip to Roanoke.

It was like a free / private photo session.  And a crowd of people gather with us too.


Here, I was able to get 611 with the historic sign of the Spencer shops from long ago.


She puffed some steam as she slowly went down the track to her setup position for the next day trip.


Young Caleb was excited and I was too.  Our model HO train came alive to us.


Well, Mom did too, something for the whole family.  We brought Caleb's first HO model 611 for his Christmas present in 2006.  He literally worn it out and quit working, now it's on display in our living mantel.


Here 611 is coming under the bridge in Bedford VA,


Here we are a couple of miles down the track as she is just leaving the yard.  I glad you cannot here the Helicopter.  Which   you probably can on my video as I had a video camera on a tripod.  I wanted train sounds not, well you know. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment