Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Rail Fanning in Tate Ga.

Greetings, I was looking at a map of northwest Georgia the other day and found a CSX line going from Marietta to Ellijay. I followed the tracks on the map and came up on a yard.  It was in Tate Ga. and there was an old Depot building.

 
 
So we drove up and I took my camera and used my cell phone / I-phone camera and took some pictures.  It was a very pretty day but by the time we got there the sun was straight up high noon.
 

I came in the back way to the yard, as I almost went passed it, I knew that it was near the four way intersection and a church but I was not sure where it was located.  We found the train tracks and of course we just followed it south.

We crossed the railroad tracks and went through a small neighborhood and then came up on the shop.


It was a very warm day but it was a clear day and I snapped off some shots with my Digital Camera.

The old depot was right by highway 53 and another photographer stop and took pictures as well .



Later we would have lunch and we went by the BBQ place which was very good.


BBQ and trains kind of go together hand in hand.  :-)

DanSamRR


No comments:

Post a Comment